Monday 15 July 2013

Book Review (#1) - The Colour Of Magic by Terry Pratchett

Title: The Colour Of Magic
Author: Terry Pratchett
Published: 1983
First book in the Discworld series
224 pages
This book started out really strong for me, but about 70% of the way through I started losing interest. Hence the docked stars. Now I'm not sure if this is because of the story or because I was halfway through watching the third season of Game Of Thrones and that was all I could think about.

The writing style was great, very strong and descriptive. I wouldn't call it a laugh out loud funny book, but it did have good humor. The characters were awesome. I loved Rincewind and Twoflower. And I never thought an author could make me love a wooden chest as much as I did. 
And my favorite part of the whole book, although a short part, was the bit with the dragons. Come on, who doesn't love dragons?

This was my first time reading Terry Pratchett, and it won't be the last.

3.5/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment